* 150-minute feature film (including 25 minutes of footage previously thought lost to the world)
* Special-edition packaging with lavish wraparound sleeve and embossed printing
* Pristine film transfers presented on Blu-ray (1080p) and DVD (2-disc)
* Newly translated optional English subtitles
* Full-length audio commentary by David Kalat and Jonathan Rosenbaum
* Die Reise nach Metropolis (2010) documentary about the film
* 56-page booklet featuring new essays, archival interviews, vintage production stills, and more
* Further extras to be announced nearer the release date
Esimene pilguheit sügisel ilmuvale Metropolisele:
We're going to announce our July, August, September, October lineup shortly.
June is PROFOUND DESIRES OF THE GODS (BD) and LE GRAND JEU (DVD).
October is METROPOLIS (BD / 2xDVD).
July, August, and September consists of only Blu-rays (six of them).
Die Nibelungenit sel aastal oodata ei tasu, küll aga:
VENGEANCE IS MINE BD was supposed to come out the same month as PROFOUND DESIRES BD but we couldn't get it ready in time. This was originally released nearly 5 years ago on DVD.
LA PLANETE SAUVAGE BD has been bubbling under for over a year, and it's been in our printed catalogue for a year as coming out on BD. This was released nearly 4 years ago on DVD.
It's a pure fluke that these two "upgrades" are coming out in the same month, however, the DVD editions of these two will be deleted as soon as we run out of stock (ie. the DVDs will not be repressed) - so eventually, the new BDs will be the only edition of these titles that we'll be selling.
Our next two BDs after these (ie. August's two BDs) are two titles that we've talked about before in numerous places over the last year - so this isn't a surprise to some, they are: THE BURMESE HARP BD, and THE WORLD BD.
The two September BDs are the two that we've not mentioned before anywhere. Then in October it's METROPOLIS. We have a title lining up nicely for November release, and this is looking like a DVD only at the moment. We're currently trying to lock down another title or two for November, one of which is definitely a BD.
That's all we can say. If I went any further than that, I risk disappointing folk should it not happen!